Hormone imbalance getting you down?
Do you suffer from PMS, menstrual cramps, infertility, increased facial hair growth, or irregular periods? These are all sign of hormone imbalance in women.
How about Foggy thinking, irritability, weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia or memory lapses- any of these symptoms of hormone imbalance sound familiar? Navigating your way through peri menopause can be tricky, unless you have an expert on your side. And lets not forget the men:decreased urine flow, erectile dysfunction, abdominal fat, prostate problems or decrease stamina? These symptoms of andropause can be improved with the right lifestyle changes and hormone balance.
Many of my patients tell me they have been assuming they just need to live with symptoms like these. But, really, they don’t and neither do you. The key to regaining balance in your life and with your health is knowing that hormones work together with a healthy body and a healthy mind. Here are a few things you can do to get started:
- Determine what symptoms you have, and identify any hormone imbalance with your doctor or through testing.
- If your hormones are low or imbalanced, supplement with things that mimic your bodies natural hormones (like bio identical hormones or herbs)
- Balance your digestion with your diet
- Start exercising, and if you don’t have the energy, go back to step two
- Stop smoking ASAP
- Reduce exposure to hormones in your food, water and cosmetics
- SLEEP! And if you can’t sleep, go back to step two.
- Find ways to laugh and enjoy life